I got through the movie once again albeit only in quick flashes... u wud like the movie if u r of tht type... but the closing frame is brilliant... enduring the unendurable nd still coming triumphs... vanquishing the burden of the past .... looking forward to eternal freedom... thts been the story of this incredible nation Afghanistan
Amir:
Do you like the kite? Did I ever tell you your father was the best kite runner in all of Kabul?
He'd run the kites and never look up at the sky once. Some claimed he was just chasing the kite's shadow. But they didn't knew him like I did. He wasn't chasing shadows. He just knew!
Do you want me to run that kite for you?
Sohrab slowly begins to interact with Amir, who enthusiastically runs the kite, saying to Sohrab what Hassan used to say to Amir in the past: "For you, a thousand times over."
I hope I get the time to read the novel too in watever summers I have got left. Reviews say the second work of Hosseini 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' is grt too.
No comments:
Post a Comment