Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Wat a beauty!
So the much speculated first season of IPL has finally ended and the meteoric rise of adrenaline each evening... yeah that's an overstatement... is not gonna thr ny more. But I was in for a shock in the final ceremony. I never really gave attention to wat the winner's trophy looks like. Finally when Arun Lal said "2000 sumthin diamonds weighing 70 sumthin carats, 4000 sth sapphires weighing 1000 sth carats"... nd so on. The PR prose clearly didnt make the IPL trophy prettier... wat they r gonna to do nxt.. put jewellery on Abhishek Bachchan nd call him beautiful. (m gonna be on Big B's blog nxt he he) The trophy looked like ..... The hideous entity has a cardboard-cut-out-type of map of India with letters 'IPL' cut and pasted by someone whose idea of award winning design is a dhaba sign on way to Bhatinda. (sorry to secular sensivities ;) Jutting out in front is a figure of a swishing batsmen ... who cannt be judged whether he is a left or right hander. I am told he is a replica of Sunil Manohar Gavaskar. And to cap this monstrosity, thr's a black gatta kind of background with chief sponsor's logo displayed prominently. Even the Godfather of bling, Bappi Lahiri wud quitely tuck this away in his bathroom commode. If Lalit Modi wants it, I can give my kabbadi champion's plaque for the nxt year's tournament but kindly from this kind of faux pas in future
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment